Thursday, June 27, 2013

Tiny Frogs, Miniature Roses ... and Strawberries!!

The past few days have been... fun! We find ourselves going more than coming unfortunately but in the midst of it all, the house is still getting put together. For instance, CURTAINS are almost all completely up. Not to the point that I'm willing to share pics, but soon... very soon! :)

~Tiny Frogs~

The other day I was taking some trash out to the trash can just as we were preparing to head to town and run errands. I spied a tiny water frog hopping across the drive. It was too cute to resist taking some pictures of it.Since then we saw a couple more, so below is a collection of a few pictures to get a good look at these adorable little guys (sorry Sara J., look away now and scroll down, haha <3 you girl!). 

Tiny Water Frog 1

Tiny Water Frog 1, with my keys for size reference.

Tiny Frog 2 (Tree Frog?) found on basement door... cobweb fly left there for size reference, haha.
 We saw yet another today in the grass above the barn. It was very tiny too! Unfortunately I did not have my camera with me, or else I would have a picture of him too! Adorable! (Ok Sara J. I'm quite done... you can look again, *giggle.*)

~Miniature Roses~


Mini Rose with a super cute Mini Rose bud accompanying it.

Me and one of my Mini Roses that my DD picked for me! <3
While out in the front garden a couple of days ago we noticed yet ANOTHER beautiful bush of roses. This time they are Mini Roses. Although they are much bigger than the Mini Rose bush my husband bought for me back in Texas (because of all the rain no doubt). My goats got out and ATE them (back in Texas), lil' stinkers! They ate the entire bush! I never replaced it, well ... no goats here. At least not at the moment (my neighbor has one, let's hope she stays put, she's rather large!). 

<3 STRAWBERRIES <3


YUMMY!! :P

I absolutely LOVE Strawberries! I would have to say that they very well may be my most favorite fruit of all! Next to Cheesecake, haha, ok I know that's not a fruit! Anyway, now that I have these loveys home, now starts the task of figuring out the best... yet easiest ways to utilize every aspect of these little beauties! So for starters I decided to make a Strawberry Cobbler. Here is the link to the recipe I used: Strawberry Cobbler . It's in the oven now and it smells DIVINE! Well that's all I have to report for now. I will state any other recipes I choose to use for this batch of strawberries! 

Cooling just now... Yum!

Have a great week! Until next time.... YHVH bless!



No comments:

Post a Comment