Thursday, May 16, 2013

The Kitty Caper

So I did not anticipate that I would have something worthy of blogging every single day, and indeed I may not continue at this pace. Today, however, gave some humorous things worthy of blogging about. 

Well, it started out as a rather "normal" morning. We got up and did chores, came back inside and were sitting down eating breakfast and preparing to do our lessons when suddenly a vehicle pulls up the driveway. Not just any vehicle, but an Animal Control vehicle. We were like "uh-oh, what's this about?" So I scramble out the back door to greet the Officer and find out what we did to deserve the honor of such a visit. Well as it turns out it was a friendly introductory visit to meet and greet us and check out our place. The Officer was very nice and we had lots to talk about. Anyway, I was on the upper, back deck, dressed properly but I only had socks, no shoes on. Well, we were chatting, the Officer was standing below near her vehicle when suddenly one of my cats, Namira, our Snow Bengal, takes a DIVE out of the mudroom window! We are all standing there shocked. So I'm like "oh NO" I dash back in and grab my boots, thrusting them on, I holler at my daughter and tell her what is going on as I rush, calmly again around the deck, down the stairs and over to my escaping kitty. Namira sees me coming and is inclined to come to me. She has never been out doors off of a leash. She didn't run away and I didn't run after her, I walked calmly and called her (little stinker) and she walked away from me until I managed to slyly corner her by the front steps. I picked her up and breathed a sigh of relief. I walked over to the Animal Control Officer to show off her beautiful colorings and spots, but Namira started to squirm at the sight of the Officer so I had to opt to toss her gently, mind you into the basement. Silly girl!! Meanwhile my daughter made a mad dash around the house shutting all the windows to avoid any further mishaps of a similar sort. 

Namira


So during the visit the Animal Control Officer let us know that she would be visiting us once annually to check on our place. She informed us of all the critters in our woods that might be inclined to pay us a visit. Bears, Mountain Lions, and Coyotes where on her list, and she stated that Coyotes would be the most worrisome as some had been crossed to domestic dogs and had lost their fear of humans. She warned me to be careful walking in the woods and to take some protection with me. 

When I got back inside I called my Mom, we chatted for a bit and then when we got off it was 2PM. We went to the tack room in the barn and groomed the dogs just in case they have any more visitors!! We did not realize we would be so popular! haha

My hubby arrived home at nearly 7 pm and took us to eat dinner at a Chinese buffet in Sturbridge. It was "ok" I'm not inclined to have to eat there again personally. After that we went to the grocery store to pick up some things, but naturally, I forgot my list! Doh!

Tomorrow I plan to venture out and drive to a small farm a 53 minute drive away, unless, I can talk to my neighbor before then and find out where he says a similar farm is only 15 minutes away. If anything funny or adventuresome happens I'll be sure to blog about it. Talk to you later, we are 20 minutes late for bed. :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment